We know you have been anxious to hear about your first delivery. If vegetables grew on a schedule, then that would be perfect. In spite of things being a little late, we have a great basket for the first week. It will be a lot of green stuff but soon you will see there will be lots of variety coming in as the season goes on. Next week we plan to deliver Wednesday between 3:30 and 6:30pm. Following weeks we plan to have deliveries on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. As we get used to deliveries and the rhythm, this may need to be adjusted.
The following share contents are tentative. If weather cooperates then this should be what you will see. I have included some additional information beneath the items on what they are and how to eat. You will also notice it lists the quantities that each share will receive.
Also note that there are eggs available for purchase as an add-on. If you wish to purchase extra strawberries it will depend on the quantities we have but I will enable the purchasing of them and we will fill orders if possible. You can pay when we deliver, or make other arrangements. Please order add-ons 2 days in advance of delivery through our website.
- Chive Blossom Vinegar - 125ml (All shares)
- Use as a flavoured vinegar or a base for homemade salad dressing. Keep refrigerated
- Pea shoots - 1 bunch (1/4 Share); 2 bunches (1/2 Share); 3 bunches (3/4 Share); 4 bunches (Full Share)
- Use in salad, sandwiches, or stir-fry like this one
- Strawberries - 1 quart (1/4 Share); 1 quart (1/2 Share); 2 quarts (3/4 Share); 2 quart (Full Share)
- Lamb's Quarters - 1 bunch (1/4 Share); 2 bunches (1/2 Share); 3 bunches (3/4 Share); 4 bunches (Full Share)
Wild foraged greens
- Like spinach you can eat it raw, steam it, or lightly sautee it.
- Rhubarb - 1lb (1/4 Share); 2 lb (1/2 Share); 3lb (3/4 Share); 3 lb (Full Share)
- You could go with a traditional strawberry-rhubarb pie or you could make James' favourite: Rhubarb compote. Really delicious with some chunks of orange rind.
- Swiss chard OR Kale - None (1/4 Share); 1 bunch (1/2 Share); 2 bunches (3/4 Share); 3 bunches (Full Share)
Seaspray Farms - Certified Organic
- Check our recipe index.